Hotspots in The Netherlands
Hotspots: Volendam, Madurodam, Noordwijk aan Zee and theme parks in The Netherlands.
Day trip to Volendam
The old fishing village of Volendam is located near the IJsselmeer, not far from Amsterdam. The village is known for its beautiful harbor, the fish trade, the authentic Dutch character and the traditional costumes. A great destination for any season! Volendam is also known for its musical inhabitants (singers, singer and bands). And don't forget, when you visit Volendam, to eat a roll of smoked eel! A typical Dutch tradition.
What to do in Volendam?
- Take a picture in traditional costume
- Visit the Volendam Museum
- Visit an eel smokehouse
Madurodam is a Dutch miniature city (on a scale of 1 to 25) in The Hague. Madurodam is full of miniatures, including buildings from historic inner cities, modern residential areas, port areas, an airport, canals, roads and more. In addition, there are various activities and attractions.
Noordwijk aan Zee
Noordwijk aan Zee is the third largest seaside resort in The Netherlands, and has been a luxury seaside resort for more than a hundred years. Here you will find along the boulevard famous luxury hotels, such as Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, the Palace Hotel and the Oranje Hotels.
What to do in Noordwijk aan Zee?
- On the beach there are many nice restaurants/beach clubs.
- You can walk and cycle in the surrounding woods and the Noordwijk dunes. There are paths through the dunes to, among others, the seaside resorts of Zandvoort and Katwijk aan Zee.
- Walking along the coast.
- In Noordwijk you can also rent bikes on Sundays.
- Horseback riding (there are two riding schools that organize outdoor rides).
- Boulevard De Grent in Noordwijk is known for its many cafes, bars and nightclubs.
Theme parks in The Netherlands
- De Efteling (Kaatsheuvel, Noord-Brabant)
- Amusement park Duinrell (Wassenaar, South Holland)
- Amusement park Slagharen (Slagharen, Overijssel)
- Walibi (Biddinghuizen, Flevoland)
- Amusement park Toverland (Sevenum, Limburg)
Note: Some activities are not (yet) possible at this time due to the current corona measures in The Netherlands.