Privacy Statement Westflex
Westflex is the trade name of the companies Westflex Personeelsdiensten B.V., Westflex Select B.V., Westflex Services B.V. Westflex De Lier B.V. and Wemax B.V.
Westflex is located at Stoelmatter 40, 2292 JL in Wateringen.
In this Privacy Statement we want to provide you with information about how we deal with your personal data provided to us voluntarily.
Your personal data will be processed very carefully at Westflex with appropriate security measures, which are in accordance with the laws and regulations contained in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why do we collect your personal data?
Companies may only collect personal data if it is for a specific purpose and the processing is justified on a legal basis which is mentioned in the GDPR.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
To establish and maintain an employee/employer relationship with you and to keep proper and relevant records for this purpose;
To be able to assess your suitability and availability for a particular position and/or assignment;
To be able to place you with a client and to enter into and comply with the corresponding assignment agreement;
To offer you training or educational opportunities and other (work-related) services such as transportation, accommodation and health insurance;
In order to assess whether you qualify for a (premium) discount and/or subsidy;
To fulfill our reintegration obligations and to meet the government imposed goal to help people with a large(r) distance to the labor market to work;
To inform you about our services, other activities and/or professional information;
To be able to meet quality objectives such as certification;
For management purposes, including management information, internal controls and corporate security, audits and auditing;
To be able to grant you access to and use of our private web and portal environment and the intranet.
All these purposes can be traced back to the following legal grounds which are included in the GDPR:
- Necessary for the execution of a contract;
- Necessary to fulfill a legal obligation.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data at various times.
- At the moment you register with one of our recruitment offices in the Netherlands or abroad. At that moment only the data necessary for recruitment and selection is stored;
- The moment you actually enter into an employment contract with us;
- At the moment that you visit our website and fill in or leave data there.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect is data that is necessary for our services. Without these data we cannot perform our work as an employment agency/agency.
The data that we collect are the following:
- Name and address details, e-mail address and other contact details;
- Date of birth, gender and marital status;
- Data related to personnel, salary and absence registration;
- Data related to identification.
We do not process special personal data such as religion, race, sexual orientation, etc. unless you have given us your explicit permission to do so.
The data we process are necessary for us to properly execute the employment contract we have with you. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we will not be able to perform the employment contract properly and we will not enter into an employment contract with you.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will only be shared with parties that have a legitimate interest to view your data, have a legal obligation to view your data or are important for the execution of the employment contract. Even then, only those data are shared which are strictly necessary.
Parties with whom we share data are other entities belonging to Westflex, our clients, data processors such as the software supplier of our planning and payroll software, government agencies and audit bodies. There may also be situations in which we are obliged to hand over data, such as in the case of a court order or judgement.
Your data will not be shared with parties outside the European Union.
How long we keep your data?
How long we keep your data depends on the legal deadlines for doing so.
If you have only registered with Westflex, but have never worked for us, your data will be removed from our system within 6 weeks.
If you have worked for us we are legally obliged to keep some of your data for 5 to 7 years for claims, audits and tax obligations.
Data not required for these purposes will be deleted 2 years after the end of your employment with Westflex.
The GDPR includes a number of rights that you, as a data subject, can invoke.
These are the following rights:
- The right to data portability. This means that you can require us to transfer your (digital) data to another organization.
- The right to oblivion. You can demand that we delete all your data. However, this is only possible if we no longer need your data for the purposes for which we have collected your data.
- The right of inspection. You have the right to see what data we process about you.
- The right to rectification and completion. You may require us to amend and/or supplement any data we process about you that is incorrect.
- The right to restriction of processing. If we process data about you which is incorrect, not necessary or we no longer need the data, you can ask us to stop processing it.
- The right in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. If we make use of automated decision-making, you may demand that we also look at the decision made with a human eye. Westflex does not use automated decision-making or profiling.
- The right to object to data processing. If we process data on the basis of a general or legitimate interest, you may object to the processing of your data. However, it may be that the interest on the basis of which we process your data outweighs your interest.
If you have granted specific consent to us to process certain personal data, you are permitted to withdraw this consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this mail you should provide the following information:
- Name (first and last name)
- Date of birth
- Temporary employee number (found on your pay slip)
- Which right you want to perform
- Phone number where we can reach you
Following your e-mail we will contact you. We strive to execute your request within 1 month, unless it is a complex request. In that case we will use a processing time of 3 months. We will inform you of this within 1 month.
At Westflex we do everything possible to protect and secure your personal data. To this end we have taken various measures of an organizational, physical, administrative and technical nature. For example, if you want to request certain information about yourself, we may ask you to identify yourself at our office before we provide the information. Also, not all Westflex employees have access to all data and information, only those authorized to do so. We are also always working with our software suppliers to further and better develop the security of our systems.
If you have a complaint or a question regarding your personal data you can contact the Westflex back office or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Always include the following information in this e-mail:
- Name (first and last name)
- Date of birth
- Temporary employee number (found on your payslip)
- Nature of your complaint
We will contact you shortly to discuss your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with how we handle your personal data you can always file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. On their website you can find their telephone number and a complaint form via the button 'Tip us' on the website page of the AP.